The predecessor of the present company was established 1 January 1911 as „Mechanikai Len- és Kenderszövő, Kikészítő és Impregnáló Taussig Sámuel és Fiai”.
The company used to produce tablecloths, towels, apparel fabrics, canvas and technical textiles.
The factory was ruined in the II. World War and began to produce again in May 1945. It was confiscated in 1948 under the name „Győri Szövőgyár” and then in 1963, when all companies in the flax industry were contracted into the „Buda-Flax Lenfonó és Szövőipari” Co., it became the weaving mill of the Co. in Győr.
12 October 1988 the company turned into the „Buda-Flax Győri Lenszövő Rt.” public company without any predecessor in title. The name of the company was changed into „Pannon-Flax Győri Lenszövő Rt.” 24 November 1994.
The shares of the company were floated on the Budapest Stock Exchange, category „B” 3 June 1991 after initial public offering.
From 1 January 2009 an important part of the textile production has been transferred into the Pannonflax Textil Kft. Pannon-Flax NyRt. is actually mostly dealing with investment and property development activities.